Flux Health Forum

Coil Testers

Every time I use the coil testers and see them light up I wonder “how does that work”? @Bob can you give a quick explanation? Thanks!

The coil tester is also made up of a coil of wires connected to two LEDs. No batteries required. When the coil tester wire coils are placed in a quickly changing magnetic field, this causes inductive coupling, which means it causes current to flow in the tester coils, which makes the LEDs light up.

The coil testers are tuned to respond to magnetic pulses that change rapidly enough to generate electrical currents in the body that will be likely to have therapeutic effects… which means… the coil testers can also be used to detect sham PEMF devices, i.e., ones that are not likely to really work biologically. So, not only do they test our ICES-PEMF coils, they also detect magnetic pulses of sufficient character to have a positive biological effect.

In this way, they can be used generally to tell the difference between PEMF devices that probably work, and those that probably do not (whether they are broken or just poorly designed).

7 Likes

This is an aside but perhaps interesting. I had fancy looking PEMF device that cost over $300 but from which I had no benefit. Then I took a chance on the M1 with which I had immediate tangible benefits. Because I still had the “fancy” one (I call it fancy because it had cool looking blue lights) I tried the coil tester that came with the M1 on it and there was no response. My guess is the device had very low levels of magnetism. It did have a copper coil, for what that’s worth.

2 Likes

yup, exactly. It is simply not generating the correct waveform shape. I was just talking to Bill Pawluk about this… like 5 minutes ago. He tested a shiny new “PEMF” device and found the same result. Your coil tester will be a handy and reliable way to detect the biologically inactive** PEMF devices.

** (read: useless)

5 Likes