Flux Health Forum

Coil covering

This topic has to do with engineering components for the ICES products. Is this the right place for it?

I understand that the coils are soft and bendable. Has anyone designed a solid cover to snap over them to protect them when they don’t need to be worn? Maybe one that can be 3D printed.

a plastic bar soap container is about the right size to fit base and two coils

1 Like

That’s a good answer.

I bought a pencil case.

I see what you mean. I sorta meant that the cover would be designed to have the same shape but simply snap over and around the coil that’s already there. It could have a hole in it or not. But it would make the coil rigid instead of bendable and the coil could still be used. I know a picture would be great but I don’t have any.

You are afraid of harming the coil.

I am trying to imagine what type of situation might happen to destroy the coil and the only one I have would be if I dropped it and didn’t notice and ran over it with a vacuum or something.

I feel like the coil is something I knew would have to be replaced over time.

For me, I am less worried about bending them and more worried about getting the longer ones caught on something and pulling them apart.

Either way, it is a part which I do replace now and then.

I feel like storing the whole device someplace safe and buying the shorter coils were the strategies I use.

Whatever type of thing you might design, it would have to be “worth it” in a cost/benefit ratio. A pencil case cost a few dollars and protecting the M-1 is worth that.

Buying the long coils, I found I did catch the coil on things and if I needed long ones, that would have been an issue to solve for, but switching to small coils worked fine.

I haven’t had any of them bend. I have worried when I got them caught on things walking by.