Flux Health Forum

Coil configuration

I just got my C5 (Christmas comes early). If I double stacked four sets of coils and placed them around my knee in a North, West, South, East configuration would that work since the coils are all connected to the same C5 unit?

1 Like

Yes. It might help you to know I used the C5 on my knee for over two years and it helped a lot to manage moderately severe arthritis with fibrosis. I speculate that it reduced the inflammation enough so that I could exercise the joint daily and that led to greatly improved function. I used four coils oriented around the knee as you described and occasionally I would stack coils over the meniscus. I usually used Omni 8 at about setting 12 as tolerated but sometimes it would make my leg “twitchy” so I would have to dial down the intensity. I used it all night every night and I used the M1 all day every day. Good luck!

2 Likes

thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Actually I have had some good results when I do that as well: knee, ankle, elbow, wrist, even my head (lower intensity of course)

1 Like

Similar question: can I put the C5 large pad array under the foot and an A9 side-by-side coil arrangement on top of the foot simultaneously? Since they’d be separated by like 2-3 inches (the thickness of a foot) would they perhaps cancel each other out…or create too much power? Thanks.

That should work just fine. They generally will not cancel each other out. But they will not add up together either, like the multiple outputs from a C5 unit can add. This is because two different pulse generators will produce unsynchronized pulses, so they will not interact because they will happen at different instants in time.

Thanks so much! Trying to work up to 8 hours/day for wife’s tendinosis. 1-2 hours with A9 only doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

1 Like

some types of injury do require intensive stimulation, things like joint injuries, ligaments, tendinosis, and carpal tunnel and fibromyalgia. The rule of thumb I think is to use for at least 6-8 hours every day (longer if possible), expect to persist for at least three weeks, try a few different coil placement configurations, and use somewhat higher intensity (“H” or “X”)

1 Like

I would love for her to use higher settings but even Medium “hurts.” She is very EMF sensitive. For example, we had to return a new iPhone because it gave her headaches and she could feel it. Turned out iPhones have some of the highest EMF levels of all phones. Got a Samsung and no problems (much lower levels). We also had to return an iMRS PEMF pad system for the same reason: it made her feel twitchy and wired. That was years ago and what ultimately led to us finding and getting the A9. In contrast, I used the A9 on X level almost exclusively for curing my Plantar.

OK, that is very useful information. It is also an excellent example of the variability of individual sensitivity to PEMF.

So, the best strategy for her will be low intensity (“M” or even “L”) and long duration of use; at least 6 to 8 hours daily, maybe two sessions per day, maybe also use it during sleep. ICES-PEMF really works best that way anyway, that is what it is designed for.

Some more background info that could be useful for you and others:
She was diagnosed with RSD 30 years ago before anyone knew what it was (took 16th doctor to do it). She was treated successfully by the first doctor in the U.S. (Tomas Szulc) to use low level laser as part of an FDA study. She may also have been one of the first to get treated simultaneously with a large, hoop-shaped PEMF. Went from wheelchair to walking in 6 months. The RSD though had done its work and left her with tendinosis – which in the last 2 years got worse from injuries. Now she’s back in a wheelchair. Dr. Szulc now only does medicine for the rich.

If I wanted to use two sets of the deep field coils, one the right side and one on the left side of my knee, do I need to make sure the coils are oriented in a specific direction relative to one another in order to maximize the additive effect?

so your new mattress pad will be perfect for the night time pemf’ing :+1:t4: has there been anything interesting or exciting in news about that development?

I am not sure what your question is. If you are asking: “Are we there yet?” (is the new large mat PEMF product done yet?) the answer is: no. It will be many more months and I will announce it here when it is ready.

If your are asking a different question, please let me know.

If you want the maximum power when stacking or using deep field coils on opposite sides, use the hexagonal coil tester to make sure the fields combine (brighter LEDs) not cancel (dimmer LEDs) when you place the hexagonal coil tester between the deep field coils when they are aligned as you intend to use them.

@Bob had another question: in placing coils side by side, does it make any difference or benefit in placing all the coils one way (i.e, bumpy side facing outward from body) vs. mixed directions (i.e., alternating sides facing the body-smooth, bumpy)?

1 Like

also, would it count as variety of frequencies (to avoid habituation) by using two a9s together in the same area since they are not synced?

I think that is probably true.