Flux Health Forum

Cervical Herniated Disc (c5/c6)

Two years ago I started having bad pain from the neck down to my left arm. After getting an MRI, the doctor diagnosed me with having cervical herniated disc (c5/c6).

Long story short, I used a combination of three therapies to self-treat:

1. PEMF/ICES M1
  2. Denas Vertebra (http://www.denas-therapy.com/store/p17/DENAS_Vertebra_2.html)
  3. Chinese accupuncture

After a year down the self-treatment, I got 80-90% better (so very little pain now). I still do #1 and #2 above daily and #3 monthly for maintenance.

I would love to hear from others who have had an experience with healing herniated discs with the PEMF/ICES devices.

-Simon

5 Likes

Simon,

That is fabulous news!

I know what PEMF/ICES M1 is like and I have used Chinese acupuncture…

So, what is the Denas Vertebra like?

It looks cool! Or maybe hot.

Using the Denas Vertebra is like having multiple electric micro-current enter your body via various points on yours back. I think the idea is similar to acupuncture. The advantage is that you can do this daily at home while doing other things (and for me that would be watching Netflix).

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vertebra+denas

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

I don’t know if anyone will find this interesting, but I like learning mechanisms.

Simon, thank you so much for posting! I have a very similar issue in my neck where I have chronic pain that can also flare in the left shoulder. I have had chronic pain now for 5 years. Where did you place the PEMF paddles and on what frequency do you use them? Also, for how long each day? Do you own the Denas machine? How much do you feel the Denas device helped? I would like to explore purchasing one but hesitant due to the cost not knowing if it will work for me. I am excited to hear from you. Warmly, Beverly

1 Like

I use the standard B5-C5 protocol and I place them on one of these positions:

1. One coil on each side of neck
  2. Side-by-side placement on the upper back, near neck area
    I try to use them for several hours each day (at home and in office).

For the Vertebra machine, I also use it several hours each day at home while I am watching TV in the evening. Yes, I do own it; I don’t think it makes sense to do this in a clinic setting since you won’t be using it enough, and it’s quite boring to lie down with nothing to do.

I am not sure which device helped more, but the combo (and also chinese acupuncture) seems to have done some wonders for me.

When I first had the chronic radiating pain couple years ago, I thought this would stay with me for lifetime unless I was willing go down the surgery route. I am fortunate that I am getting my life back again without going through that!!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing, neosmile!

The vertebra machine looks so cool! If I wasn’t finishing up renovating my house, I would be tempted to get one. And, no, I don’t have pain, I just know that there is an increase in brain plasticity by stimulating one of the nerves to the brain.

I wonder immediately what would happen stimulating all of them at once.

1 Like

OMG THE DENAS looks incredible! I looked at the website and have lots of questions so will contact the company. I appreciate your comments so much! Living in constant pain is debilitating and if I go to a mainstream doc, they are clueless as how to really help. (no offense to any practitioners out there, this has just been my experience).

Neosmile,

I agree the Denas looks so fabulous and it would be amazing to pair it with the M-1.

Diet can also undo pain. Dr. Greger has a video on how clogged arteries can seriously increase pain. Whole Food Plant Based has been very successful at getting rid of pain. I say it because people have gone from wheelchair bound to walking 10 miles a day and from not being able to take 3 steps to climbing mountains in a matter of weeks. Dr. Greger’s grandmother has one of those stories. She did Pritikin. Nowadays there are lots of different options for Whole Food Plant Based. I am mostly saying it because there is a mechanism.

It has been helpful for various types of pain. Arthritis, neuropathy, sciatica, generalized back pain, etc.

Bob’s testimonial on his channel shows that the M-1 can probably do it by itself, but I post this because often so can diet.

But I am tempted to buy the Denas even for brain plasticity.

1 Like

For those in pain, it is important to bear in mind that the ultimate goal is not to prove which method works (ie., goal of a researcher/scientist), but to make the pain go away. A multi-pronged approach has a higher chance of success. But at the end of it, you may not know which factor/method is responsible for fixing your illness, but that’s ok.

3 Likes

Neosmile, you are right about that. The problem is that so many people do so many multi-prong approaches that they do not know which thing did work. I think about it with cancer. So many people have beat cancer using 20 different things and I have seen people use a few dangerous things and a few things, which studies would call useless, but also things which actually help. From my perspective, I spent $10,000 trying to get rid of my dog’s cancer and water fasting seems to have done the trick at the end and that was free, but I did try things like B-17 and he got so sick and wouldn’t eat or do the things which already were helping anymore. I wasted so much money on stupid things of internet lore. Water fasting really worked and I have my dog a year later, but people in pain or having dire illnesses get taken advantage of so often. Bob isn’t taking advantage of anyone with the M-1, but so many people are.

1 Like

I agree with this. The science is very useful, but practical answers now are more important IMHO.