Flux Health Forum

Can PEMF destroy electronics?

I know at clinics they always advise never having a phone, or a CC or anything and Ive noticed that my Oura ring has been acting funny (could just be coincidence) since I got my C5. Which when im constantly placing and moving things around to other locations my oura ring is within the magnetic pulse.

Could this be an issue?

My ring no longer can detect my pickleball as a workout for some reason and my sleep/HRV numbers have been VERY different than before.

Any issues with PEMF and electronics/magnetic things like CCs, keys, etc

I have had the P9 against my wallet, laptop, smartphone, keys, and never had any issues with any of the devices.

1 Like

Thx - its prob unrelated, i did have an update maybe the new software of the ring is acting funky

I once laid in a Pulse PEMF mat and zapped my car key fob. Needed to buy a new key from the dealer.

A micro pulse product? Or one of the very “powerful” ones at a biohacking clinic type of place

I have not had any reports of any problems, but anything is possible, even if it is extremely unlikely. I have done extensive testing with this years ago while I was developing the ICES-PEMF system, and the worst effect was a slight clicking if the device and coils were placed very close to an AM radio, but this only lasted while the device was close to the radio, so it was not permanent damage. I did not see any other effects on credit card magnetic strips or anything else that I tested.

But still, I would caution people to keep any source of magnetism away from other electronics, credit cards, floppy disks, pace makers, etc.

3 Likes

I have an Oura Ring 2nd Gen and have never had any issues with coil use near the ring.