Flux Health Forum

C5/B5 battery recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 10-30,000 mAh battery for the C5?

Dr. Dennis had said that a 10,000 mAh battery should do the trick, but not all will work because of auto-off/low-voltage circuitry, so thought I’d check suggestions before getting a couple.

(I currently use an old 50 Wh Goal Zero battery I had laying around from a solar charging set. Works fine and drains 1/5-2/5 by the end of the day… but a little big. I carry it around, along with the C5 and cyborg wires attached to me in a fanny pack.)

2 Likes

I just ordered a C5 a few days ago so I don’t have it yet (already have an M1). I ordered the following power pack and will try to remember to post here to let ppl know if it works.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B017CUMANU/ (iMuto 10000mAh Pocket Size Portable Charger Power Bank Slim with Smart Power Display Technology)

2 Likes

Tried Boulder Pack Co. Compact True-Capacity 20000 mAh Power Bank. It did not work and automatically shuts down after a few seconds. I should have known better than to try this one as they explicitly state:

Auto shutoff for low trickle current from phone or for overheating. NOTE: Some phones will convert to a low trickle current before 100% charge, which stops charging early (e.g. 90% charge).

My guess is that when searching for an external battery, it would behoove ICES users to search for “dumb” batteries that don’t have features mentioned above.

Are there any specifications that one should look for or shouldn’t look for in an appropriate battery?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Earthlark.

I ended up ordering this one:

iMuto 10000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank External Battery Pack,Ultra Slim Design with Smart LED Digital Display and Dual USB Output for iPhone XS XR MAX X 10 8 7 6 6S Plus 5s 5, iPad, Nintendo Switch, Samsung,

Will let you guys know if it works.

This one works fine as expected:

TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh

This one would probably get you through ¿24 hours? at the highest setting of the C5; however, it’s a bit bulky (28x85x145 mm; 348 g), and most people don’t need that much juice. There’s a smaller version (25x65x105 mm; 180 g) of the TalentCell that is 6,0000 mAh at 5V which might be more suitable.

Another option that should work: Voltaic Battery Packs. The two options are are 4000 mAh and 12,800 mAh… so no sweet spot in between. Not sure if 4000 mAh would be enough?

Anyone know about what the max draw of the C5 is?

1 Like

Hi all,
So I just tried the iMuto 10000 mAh for the the last 30 mins with the C5 and it works. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N1F0VD8

Does this powerbank have 2 USB cable inputs to enable 2 M1s to run at the same time?

Sorry I just saw this now. Yes I believe it has 2 USB ports. I assume it could run 2 M1s.