Flux Health Forum

Battery vs coil intensity

The battery charger that came with my M1 recently died on me - so I’m planning on using my M1 with usb power (from the wall, not my laptop). But I’m curious, because the USB supplies 5V and the battery only supplies 3.7V, whether I would need to compensate for the increased electrical input by turning the intensity of my device down. I usually use omni8 at the default 9. Would a setting of 6 on USB be the rough equivalent to a setting of 9 on battery?

Thanks!

I have used mine on USB almost since I purchased it. It doesn’t matter what power setting you have it on as far as the power draw is concerned provided you plug it into a quality USB phone charger. I have mine plugged into a surge protector with a USB port on it or use an aftermarket quality iPad charger. Bob just points out that you do not want to under any circumstances plug it into a computer as you can damage the device. I have put it on power setting 15 on USB with no trouble whatsoever. Also those chargers and batteries on Amazon are cheap so you might want to consider picking up another one.

1 Like

No compensation is necessary. The device is internally compensated for the difference in voltage. It is internally voltage regulated to operate the same way on voltages ranging from 5 volts to 3.6 volts.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the speedy responses!