Flux Health Forum

Battery Life

I have been using rechargeable EBL batteries with my A9 and find that after a few weeks use the charged time decreases greatly. Is there another another brand that will recharge fully for longer than a few weeks.

Jean,
Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€˜longer than a few weeksā€™. I have EBL batteries that I have been using for several years and I have been very happy with them. They are EBL 6F22 ā€œHigh Volumeā€ batteries with a 600mAh rating. My charger is a Maximal Power 2 port charger. I have both the kind that plugs in to house current and the kind that chargers on a USB port. The house kind charges better, but I think they may be harder to find now. Some USB ports on computer have a better output than others, so that may be something to check on. My A9b on high setting runs for about 8 hours. You have to be careful with the batteries. Sometimes to get a higher rating they make them just a tad bigger and they may not fit in the A9
/Jon

I am using the same batteries and am using a Tenergy 9V Ni-MH Charger TN141 that has 2 ports and plugs into the wall. I have 8 batteries and after a few weeks they only last for an hour or 2. I know it is not my machine. any suggestions? The first 2 ebl chargers I purchased did not work and had to be returned. Jean

I have the same issue with my Japanese ā€œPremium grade cellsā€ by Wasabi Power. I bought them specifically because I know how bad cheap batteries are. At first they would still be kicking after running them overnight; now theyā€™re dead by the time I wake up. Good thing mine have a three year warranty.

Hi Jean,

Iā€™ve great resutls with the ENEGON 9V Direct USB Rechargeable Lithium-ion 650mAh Batteries. Iā€™ve recently puchased the 9v Rechargeable Batteries 9v Lithium-ion Batteries Capacity 800mAh and have really noticed the extra capacity duration. Assuming youā€™re in the US, just do a search for the same or similar batteries, and go with the larger 800mAh (or greater) capacity. More expensive, but, well worth it IMHO! I did a quick search and found these that have great reviews.

From experience, Lithium-ion batteries are much better for durability than NiMH and NiCd.

Hope this helps!

DIG

1 Like