Flux Health Forum

Baking soda soaking removes pesticide and more

Remove pesticide on skin of fruit and veg by soaking in baking soda for 15 min

Thanks for sharing. That is a good one.

I eat organic because I want the good bacteria from the various fruits and vegetables, but most of the people around me don’t eat organic because of the cost of the organic produce. Zach Bush’s talk about what happens to the tight junctions of our body, made me not be willing to eat food unless it is organic.

A bit misleading this headline is.
Apples are near the top of the dirty dozen list every year.
The thin skin, means that pesticides will likely penetrate into the flesh.

On top of that the study only looked at a few pesticides. Not sure if one can extrapolate that to most or all pesticides?

What would be significant is if baking soda could remove most or all pesticides as effectively from celery or other vegetables or fruit.

Soaking fruit in BS may have even more benefit than the study shows.
Baking soda, Sodium bicarbonate, is a miraculous natural susbstance . And you can buy it also in magnesium or potassium bicarbonate form.
https://drsircus.com/?s=baking+soda

It’s probably the fastest acting alkalizer of all. It’s used in ER routinely . It will create alkaline water better than a alkaline water machine. I consume it every day. I brush my teeth with BS and h2o2. I put BS in my water with lemon and stevia, and even in coffee. When combined with room temp water and lemon/lime, you have homemade carbonated beverage in healthy form. You have to experiment with ratios, but you can eliminate bitter taste when u get it right.

2 Likes

I am also a big fan of using baking soda for both cleaning and personal hygeine.

I combine baking soda with braggs aple cider vinegar to clean sinks, toilets, etc.

I tried drinking baking soda at a very weak concentration, but I had such a terrible after taste.

Did you experience any terrible after taste?