Flux Health Forum

Arthritis in Foot

Newly developed arthritis in the topside part of one foot affects my walk due to pain. Swelling is present too. Using the 2x2 array with my A9 overnight, both the pain and swelling are greatly improved. It does return in a number of days, but provides needed relief!

1 Like

yes this has been my experience too helping my aunt who has arthritis in her handsā€¦ resolved the inflammation within 45 minsā€¦i donā€™t know how consistent she is in using it thoā€¦

1 Like

I would say that with continued daily use, gradually the underlying tissue damage that is causing the inflammation will recover and subside, and eventually it will stop coming back after a few days.

and definitely as Bob has suggested, regular, consistent use to affected area helps give the body the chance to heal. however, youā€™ll want to resolve the root cause of the inflammation. when it comes to systemic inflammation like arthritis, we may have to look at environmental and diet/lifestyle change. the alternative, unfortunately, is chronic use of medication.

it can be frustrating to have to change a lifestyle that weā€™ve been accustomed to from when we were young and invincible. once we hit our 30s and 40s, we inevitably find that our bodies canā€™t tolerate what they used to.

i am finding that the key to avoiding most of these chronic problems as we age is to adjust our lifestyle habits in diet, sleep/rest, and exercise. the alternative is to continue as we have and start taking meds that only grow in need and use as we age :frowning:

Well, definitely yes. We need to make adjustments to behavior and expectations as we age. That seems so obvious that it should go without saying, butā€¦

About 6 or 7 years ago a colleague of mine borrowed an early version of the model A9 for a family member who had back pain. A couple of weeks later I got the A9 back with the terse comment: ā€œdoesnt workā€ on a post-it note (without any punctuation)

I didnā€™t know anything about her personally, but I felt the device should have helped her back pain at least a little bit, so I contacted her by email and asked to see if I could help her get better results. Reluctantly she told me essentially ā€œIt seemed to work for a while, but then it just stopped helping and the pain just came backā€

I tested the returned device and it was working properly. So I contacted her again to see if she had been using it properly.

Her terse reply was that ā€œit worked for a while didnt change anything it just stopped workingā€ Again, not engaged enough in the discussion to even use punctuation.

I kept working at it to see what went wrong, to improve the device and maybe help avoid that problem in the future.

This went on for a few weeks, then I happened to catch her in a slightly better mood.

She told me the following:

The device initially worked great. Her back pain had completely subsided for the first time in over four decades. So, she decided to take her adult grandchildren out mountain biking and while she was hauling the everyonesā€™ mountain bikes out from the back of the SUV, by herself, she twisted her back and she was in pain again. By the way, she was 84 years old.

So, logically she concluded the device just stopped working.

hmmmm, OK, Iā€™ll just leave it at that.

3 Likes

Sounds positive! First Iā€™ve read of thisā€¦very encouraging re cure.

Thank you, I believe in ā€˜root causeā€™, the basis of Functional Medicine. In addition to using PEMF for various reasons, Iā€™m experimenting with ā€˜cold exposureā€™ which Iā€™d to learn more about. Reference ā€˜Wim Hofā€¦The Way of the ICEMANā€™ who has gotten the attention of science and medicine re his physiological feats of improved recovery and energy level, pain tolerance, inflammation control through extreme cold exposure and breath control. Currently there is a ā€˜66 day challengeā€™ put out by ā€œMUD\WTRā€ (healthy mushroom based beverage) to experience one minute cold exposure (cold shower) for 66 out of 90 days. There is an online community for people to share experience w/this. Cyrotherapy appears related to this practice. Am interested in knowing more if anyone is familiar. Appealing is the lack of side effects from these remedies :slight_smile:

love the breathing exercises. the inflammation in my sinuses reduced after doing 20 mins of themā€¦ pemf on my sinuses also reduced inflammation (15 mins) just as effectively. both times my sinuses were plugged up not bc of congestion from mucusā€¦ it was one of those irritating nose clogging head cold that no amount of vapor rub, steam or blowing my nose would clear. by this i am hypothesizing that wim hof breathing does reduce inflammation in the same way pemf did

anywayā€¦ glad you are engaged in other natural and effective options. continue the breath work and cold temps! i donā€™t do cold baths but i do do cold runs and showers. sureā€¦ not quite the same, but cold enough to hit me in some uncomfortable way haha

1 Like

Unfortunately it is not a ā€œcureā€

ā€œCureā€ is a federally regulated word which we are not allowed to claim without FDA approval. Shame on anyone who illegally uses the ā€œCā€ word.

But ICES-PEMF certainly does appear to facilitate the recovery of tissues at the underlying cause of many types of refractory chronic injury in such a way that the chronic injury subsides and no longer presents symptomatic dysfunction and pain.

Hmmm, gee, I wish there were a single word in English to describe thatā€¦

1 Like

I prefer inflammation buster. That describes it perfectly for me.

3 Likes

Appreciate the ā€˜officialā€™ info about cure and how ICES-PEMF acts.

Hi @marros - There is some independent research suggesting that the Wim Hof style breathing exercises with retention are more important than the cold exposure. The cold can add to the effects of the breathing, but donā€™t do much without the breathing.

I have done about 5 repetitions of WH breathing each morning with beneficial effects ( without the cold), but found similar benefit from a variation on box breathing (in 6, hold 4, out 12, hold 8) for 15-30 minutes each morning.

Iā€™d be interested in hearing how you do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Appreciate your response DrKaren. Actually Iā€™m a novice re breathing, i.e. nothing to report. Iā€™ve gained knowledge of its importance from reading ā€˜Breathā€™ by James Nestorā€¦his claim of the ā€˜perfect breathā€™ being 5 1/2/minute, based on research; also HeartMath Institute and Brain & Heart Coherence. Iā€™m glad to know its importance in relation to cold exposure.

1 Like