Flux Health Forum

Anxiety Reduction from ICES M1?

yup, I was expecting that, thanks!

I’m very interested avlbransolo@gmail.com

OK, that’s great. I should have prototypes in a month or so, and when I do I will let you know and put out another announcement. Thanks.

haha… this thread is gonna become an “add me too” thread soon. Google form would be a great, convenient, free way to collect interest and spare the "me too"replies…

True. One advantage of replies to the thread allow @Bob to click on the user and see their contributions to the forum which could intentionally be one of several metrics used to select candidates for the field trial of the P9.

I am definitely interested in trying this and being a part of your field testing! I have been waiting for an opportunity to try one of your products and additionally compare the effects with that of the Bemer that I already own. From what I’ve read of your comments and posts, it seems as if your wave form is really, clearly the best (and perhaps the only truly effective one), and so I definitely want to see how it works for me. I have severe anxiety problems (GAD), compounded by long Covid, and continue to seek ways to improve the symptoms. Thank you so much for this informative blog, your fascinating videos, and your work in this field.

Yeah, I thought about setting up a google form, but I wanted to keep volunteers in the active discussion, asking questions, making suggestions, etc., as I develop the prototype. I am anticipating only a dozen or two people, so this forum topic can handle that easily I think.

3 Likes

Will you be collecting feedback in a systematic way? For example, will you be developing a survey instrument that will allow all users to submit responses to the same set of questions that can be quantified? There’s a number of standardized instruments that are used to track things like well-being, mood, anxiety, etc. However, I also suspect that people may report improvements in things like sleep, energy level, and pain level. It makes perfect sense from acupuncture theory that stimulation of a single location can have widespread affects throughout the body. However, if it doesn’t matter which single location you choose (something else that might be worth tracking on a survey instrument), there’s some interesting ramifications for all of the various holistic healthcare professions that focus on pain, such as acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage.

That is a good point. On first pass, my question is: does this even work as a product? Do people want to use it or not? Are there things that need to be changed right away, before making any more? Once I get a sense for that, then I will continue collecting input and observations from the first-adopters. Then I would refine the device based on that, and iterate this way several times.

Only at that point does it make sense to start collecting feedback and data in a more formalized and structured way. If you start collecting certain types of data too soon, then the effect is that you lock-in design features that are suboptimal. The tendency is to keep doing things that are familiar, especially when you have invested a lot into them.

In this way, a series of quick tests and trials is much faster, less expensive, and yields much better final results than formalized quantification from square 1.

The other way to say this, is that if you invest a lot into your first prototype, your tendency is to stick with the features in your first prototype.

I am actually employing that counter-intuitive strategy right now while working on early development of three completely unrelated medical devices/technologies.

2 Likes

Would love to be part of field testing as well.
I am using the M1 aiming to reduce chronic back pain, bad sleep and some other issues (Adhd & stress / anxiety), but it is not always easy to integrate that routine during a busy schedule, particularly when you use it in visible areas of your body. Hence think the idea is great to have a type of „permanent“ device.

Great, it will be very helpful to get feedback from you on the first set of prototypes.

1 Like

Hi Bob, relatively new user of the A9 and this is my first post. I appreciate the forum as well as all of your work over the years. My A9 is already out on loan after it did a fantastic job on a relentless bout of sciatica in fairly short order. I’d very much enjoy being a part of your P9 test group. Best regards and thanks.

1 Like

Excellent, I am glad to know that it helped with your sciatica. It also works for me and two of my friends/colleagues for sciatica, but some people do not get quite as good results. I think success for sciatica comes down to coil placement, which can be somewhat tricky. Would you be willing to describe how exactly you used the device and placed the coils for your successful battle against sciatica? That would help a lot of people for sure.

OK, I am printing out the plastic cases now for the P9 on my 3-D Printer. I need to do final assembly and in-house testing, then we can start taking orders for the initial test subjects, probably in two or three weeks, maybe sooner. Thanks

2 Likes

sure thing - I’ll post it under the Pain & Inflammation sub-category of Nerve Pain

Excellent, thanks. Probably obvious, but… it will help if you use as many specific key words in the text as possible: “coil” “placement” and of course “sciatica”, etc… The search feature will take them right to it.

Bob, would my post have been better placed as a new topic under Pain and Inflammation, instead of nesting it under Nerve Pain? Something like Sciatic Pain? Looking back at where I posted it and thinking about the threads I’ve read in the last couple of days it seems like I butted-in on Serenity’s exchange with you, which I didn’t mean to do. This is a neat forum software package you have. I’m just getting the hang of the features. Thanks

I think its fine where you put them. All of our conversations take a lot of twists and turns and just organically become unfocused, so I think its best for people to rely on the SEARCH feature to find discussions with the right keywords.

Maybe one day @TajD or @OptimalHealth will write a coherent compendium of answers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Definitely been on my mind. One day… :slight_smile:

haha… funny you mention. it did cross my mind to do something like that… definitely something on my list of things to do.

@Bob what would you like a coherent compendium to look like/ include, etc?