Flux Health Forum

Achilles Tendonitis

Any suggestions on using my M1 for painful achilles tendon. Best settings etc? Thx

OMNI 8 power level 9 or Alpha power Level 9 should help a lot based on my experience. Additionally you could try making sure you have good blood flow to the feet helps (cardio that doesn’t hurt it, HBOT, Sauna) alongside BPC-157 (but only those formulated with SNAC which increases bioavailability)

Thanks, will give it a try.

I had very painful Achilles tendons late last year, so much so that I could not wear shoes. This happened very rapidly. On day 2, I used a 2x2 pad underneath each tendon (right and left) set to High using Omni-8, while laying on my back in bed. This really reduced the pain (probably 80%), so I did this for two consecutive evenings. Then I used an A9 with coils on opposite sides of the tendon (two A9 units, one for each leg), set to medium (Omni-8). That finished it off, and I have not had any pain since.

Please let us know what you try and how well it works.

3 Likes

Hi, f/u on my tendonitis. After 4 days and about 20hrs total with M1 Omni 8, all pain is gone and I can exercise again. As a physician having dx and treated or referred many people with Achilles tendonitis, I can say that this is quite amazing. These things usually take 4-6 weeks or longer to heal. I probably would have been all better in 2-3 days but on day 2 I was so excited I went for a 4 mile walk. Bad idea, too soon, but PEMF fixed it. Thanks Bob!!!

1 Like

Spread the love my friend, spread the love :slight_smile:

Bob, I do have a question about my experience. This started with just the Achilles tendonitis. That is resolved BUT I have calf pain that I would experience, eg after bad cramp or pull. Could the long use of PEMF cause muscle stimulation/contraction (I did not feel anything) that would then mimic pain wise, a cramp. I don’t remember pulling it or a severe cramp before the tendonitis. Thx

I think it is very unlikely. No one has ever reported that to me, many of our customers have used it daily for years, and I have used ICES-PEMF daily, 6-8 hours, every day, for about 14 years and have never had any kind of muscle cramp issues. Also, I would say as a muscle physiologist (did my Doctoral work in John Faulkner’s lab) and based on many direct experiments, ICES-PEMF does not cause muscle contractions in any conditions that I have tested, because it is essentially a micro-current (by induction) device, so it is below the excitatory threshold for motor neurons/skeletal or cardiac muscle unless the muscle or nerve is directly stimulated by conduction with the device (bare wire electrodes placed directly on tissue, not magnetic solenoid coils as the ones used for ICES-PEMF).

I could be wrong, but I would say very unlikely.

Thanks Bob, that is what I thought but no harm in double checking.

I have a completely different question to ask you. While reviewing the site earlier today I noted the work you are doing with TBI. This is a very interesting topic to me as a physician since the majority of my patients have chronic complex illnesses such as Long Covid, ME/CFS, Dysautonomia, Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and connective tissue disorders. Nearly every one of these patients also has neuroinflammation aka “brain fog” which bears many similarities to TBI. Would you have any interest in broadening your study to include a cohort of patients like these? Have you had any experience treating, for example, Long Covid patients with brain fog? Thanks for reading and considering this.

We’ve definitely thought about it, since the very beginning. But I don’t have any way to access or conduct research with the appropriate clinical population. I would definitely like to hear about it if someone decides to try it though.

what would you say some of your challenges would be in setting up a clinical trial for this?

would it mainly be getting the funding to offer payment for clinical sites to run the trial?

Running a formal clinical trial is sort of like sending a probe to Mars. It takes a very long time, it costs a huge amount of money, there are enormous federal and legal restrictions, it requires the input from many professional disciplines, and there are many ways and many reasons it can instantly fail during the decade or two that you are trying to run it.

An informal clinical trial is a different thing, but it is typically still about two or three orders of magnitude more complex and time consuming and expensive than anyone who has not tried to run one would think it possibly could be.

This is why you see such enormous unmet human need and demand for new medications and devices, and billions of dollars are spent on development of these every year, but there are in fact a decreasing number of new medicines and devices being trialed every year.

This is sometimes referred to somewhat cynically as “Eroom’s Law” (Moore spelled backwards), which is the observation, for decades now, that the rate of new drug discovery and device development and approval is becoming slower and more expensive over time:

So, I would say that the biggest challenge now is: just about everything.

just sharing this for context and information purposes:

How much does a clinical trial cost? The average cost of phase 1, 2, and 3 clinical trials across therapeutic areas is around $4, 13, and 20 million respectively. Pivotal (phase 3) studies for new drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the United States cost a median of $41,117 per patient. Visit https://sofpromed.com and learn more about clinical trial costs.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VZAf2qR-A)

so this gave me a ballpark figure for what it would generally cost from the inventor/sponsor side of things.

just saw the link for sofpromed and realized that’s for a company in spain! i wonder if the numbers for places outside of the u.s. may be less.

It is an interesting thought. What I have seen over the past 2 decades or so is that many countries outside the US have basically adopted a “follow the leader” approach and basically just wait for the FDA to weigh in on any new drugs/devices. Many countries just reflexively give approval for anything once it gets US-FDA approval. This helps prevent rampant international charlatanism and abuse. And yet, many countries still give preferential regulatory treatment to “home-grown” products.