Flux Health Forum

Accessories

with the design of the p9 and the internal coil, how painful would it be to add a ring coil without wire so we can stick (magnetically or snap on) to the p9 itself to enable it for deep tissue?

these “mag safe” phone accessories seem to be popular in also using them to attach finger ring holders, stands, car holders etc to the back of the phones magnetically.

“Essentially, MagSafe-compatible accessories and MagSafe-enabled technology allows users to charge wirelessly, attach wallet cases, and more to their iPhone.” (accessories description from Verizon website)

what’s even more interesting as your tech develops, maybe we could connect them contiguously as an option for wider coverage like we already do with your cabled coils. :upside_down_face:

i know, i know… easier to dream these ideas up than to implement them. :grin:

A reasonable question, but in typical Bob fashion I’ll give you the technical reasons why I think this would not be a good feature to spend time trying to develop:

To begin with, I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “add a ring coil without wire so we can stick (magnetically or snap on) to the p9 itself to enable it for deep tissue?”

If you mean something like “wirelessly energize an otherwise non-physically connected coil that would operate synchronously and magnetically anti-parallel so that they could be placed coaxially as in the ‘opposite side coil configuration’ for deeper tissue stimulation”, then there are several technical reasons that this would probably not work, the first of which is that I would need to add another internal coil to couple with the wireless coil to send it energy, and the efficiency of this would be very low, as is true for all wireless energy transfer over distances more than just a few centimeters. Considering that my first and most important contribution to the world of PEMF was to increase the efficiency of PEMF by 500x, this would completely negate that major advance in PEMF technology.

Second: wireless transfer of information has been pretty well mastered, but wireless transmission of power most certainly has not. It is very difficult to transfer power more than a few cm. (everyone: please do not respond with endless links to Tesla wireless energy transfer systems that do not really exist, seriously, please)

Third: ICES-PEMF is a tuned system (LCR for electrical engineers), so it would not just involve sending energy to a wireless coil, but to a whole tuned wireless system that would end up being about the same size as another A9 unit. So, you’d end up having to carry around quite a lot of extra hardware to make this work, and it would be very energy inefficient, gobbling up batteries in minutes instead of hours.

Fourth: You can easily, cheaply, and with 100% efficiency achieve the desired effect by simply:
1- Plugging in a set of wired coils
2- Placing them on opposite sides of the injury

There are several other technical reasons, but that should suffice. But really the main reason for me to not even consider thinking about doing anything like that is simply that it would not make PEMF work better for healing injuries. It’s just a gadget, with no improvement in actual performance whatsoever. I can not chase my tail like that. Since Arthur Pilla passed away, I think I am the only person left on Earth who is genuinely trying to improve how PEMF interacts with biology. I absolutely don’t have time to develop gadgets that do not drive that forward.

If you meant something else though other than the suggested definition that I give in lines 3 through 5, then please re-state it clearly and I will answer that.

Next suggestion:

“… connect them contiguously as an option for wider coverage like we already do with your cabled coils.”: If you mean to connect pulse generator units together so they can generate synchronized clock signals to drive more coil outputs simultaneously, then that capability is already built-in for larger experimental units that can be made from a stack of C5 or B5 circuit boards. But it requires the addition of about a dozen additional wires per board, as well as a few circuit and firmware modifications. A connector that large added to standard C5 or B5 units would be expensive and difficult for the very few people who would use it. I calculate an unfavorable cost-to-benefit ratio for a consumer product. Adding this feature to please 10% of people would price it out of range for most of the remaining 90%.

And trying to do this wirelessly, at the production volumes we have for ICES-PEMF devices (not very large), you would be looking at a base price for a C5 to be about $4K to $5K, instead of its current price.

But the concept is entirely valid. A C5 is precisely four M1 circuits connected and synchronized to the same digital clock. So, it is certainly possible and reasonable (but costly) to do if hard-wired, but not feasible if wireless connectivity is desired.

If you mean something different, please state it in detail clearly and I will answer it.

i enjoy too many scifi movies where we just click on a micro gadget and it just works ala marvel’s ironman tech. haha…

ok, initially i was imagining wirelessly, but when you had to pull this back down to the real world of the laws of physics and availability of today’s tech, I’d say wired coil… alas, just plugging in a set of established coils than to make 1 wired coil is the most practical and cost effective option.

and to burst my second bubble idea… i kinda conveniently overlooked the fact that you’d need a controller to sync the add-on p9’s. in the marvel universe, the p9’s would recognize the additional p9’s connected and adapt to sync. THEN by thought or option for autodiagnosis, the proper frequency, power, duration, etc. would be delivered to the injured body part.

to elaborate a little more on the second idea, it wouldn’t have been wireless… it would have been some interlocking metal contact lego type connection… y’knowwww… like they have in the lego movies.

ok, note to self: run at least 10 iterations of an idea before asking about a feature/idea.

hahaha. i PROMISE… these features worked way better and cooler in my mental movie of it… and then you had to spoil it w/this limiting reality and laws of physics nonsense…i tell ya… one day (soon? :open_mouth:) ai will be able to make this real - if we aren’t destroyed by skynet first…

No worries, everyone does that. It’s cool to have gadgets. I buy them all the time. But ICES-PEMF is much more of an experimental device, not a high-volume consumer product, so not a lot of bells-and-whistles. The extra gadgety stuff drives the cost of products sky high unless you can sell them by the million. We sell about 4 orders of magnitude less than that, so gagety features are out of the question unfortunately.