Flux Health Forum

A9 Individual Coil Placement

I noticed that the coil configuration guidelines offer three options that generally focus the coils onto a single area. Using an A9, if someone has two areas of chronic pain that are a distance apart, would there be any significant drawbacks to using a single individual coil at each location, assuming the intensity was increased a bit to compensate? I ask because I’m new to PEMF/ICES and I’m not sure if there’s some subtlety I’m not considering.

That’s what I do on my knees. One coil on one knee and one on the other.

1 Like

@BartM do you find the need to increase intensity beyond the typical medium since you’re only using a single coil on each knee?

IMO, increasing intensity is applicable if I move from stacked coils to non double stack coils or sandwiched coils to non sandwiched coils. I have not seen a need to increase intensity if i have each coil on two separate locations compared to having them side by side.

1 Like

I’m hesitant to say yes or no, because I find it very tricky to find the perfect intensity for various applications. I’m guessing that if the area you are trying to address is not deep in the body, a medium setting might be great, even with a single coil. But from my experience, and from reading through the forum, it really seems like it’s a very individual matter that you just kinda have to play around with.

2 Likes

You certainly can try that. It works for me for most things that do not require a lot of focused power.

It would be great for you to try this and then report back here what you did and how well it worked for you.

I have a quick question Dr. Bob. Would changing the size of the coils (larger/smaller) change the function of your devices? TIA

yes, absolutely. It is a tuned circuit and coil size sets one of the critical tuning parameters. You can think of it like a musical instrument: If you try to make a flute the size of a tuba, you will end up with neither.

I was thinking that. When we utilized EMS for musculoskeletal rehab we had different sized pads depending on the treat region.

I am enjoying the process of varying coil placement and protocol. Continuing to see good results.

Definitely, will do. I’m looking forward to giving it a try.