Flux Health Forum

4 x 4 coil thing

Is there a front and a back to these? One side is smooth and the other side has little holes where it was poured in the mold. Put the smooth side to my body?

The little holes are there because that is how we hold the copper coils in position during the molding process while the grey rubber is molded over the coils. They don’t indicate anything else.

In fact, both sides of the 2x2 coil arrays are magneto-dynamically identical, so there is no “front” or “back”. They are the same

2 Likes

i know a simple question, and hopefully not a complex answer: is the center of the hole where the magnetic frequency is strongest? only asking in that when i situate my coils, and there’s a specific area i want to focus on… how would i position the coils for “maximum coverage” for problem area?

I’ll assume you are talking now about individual coils, not a 2x2 coil array.

Yes, the center of the coil is stronger a bit, and the best way to focus the energy is to use stacked coils (bumpy-side-to-bumpy-side) and place them centered directly over the point where you want to focus the maximum energy.

Let me know if this is not what you are asking.

2 Likes

yes for both… where would it be for 2x2?

Well, that is a lot more complex. The 2x2 array acts like a square built from four pairs of coils placed side-by-side, so the resulting magnetic field lines weave in and out through the paired side-by-side coils to achieve a larger area of effect. It is a necessary engineering trade-off: to get a magnetic field over a larger area, you lose focused energy. It boils down to basic physics and conservation of energy.

You’ll never get as much focused energy from a 2x2 coil array as you will from one pair of stacked coils.

1 Like

@BoB, if you put say the coils on either side of an object but it is arranged in an
O V O configuration (the body part makes the coils not perfectly parallel to each other), will it work ok? My understanding is limited to an O | O configuration (body part makes the coils perfect parallel to each other). I am working on my ankle which is more like a V than a |

(O = coil and | or V equals shape of where you place it)

It will work just fine like that. The only thing is that any deviation from exact, precise parallel alignment of mathematically ideal perfect coils makes the fields not 100% perfectly uniform. Well… imperfection is how the universe works 100% of the time, so this is not a problem unless you are trying to calculate exact magnetic field densities, which of course is not ever important.

So, go ahead and use the coils to glorious imperfection, pay attention, take note of observable effects, and adjust as necessary. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Bob
With your systems, and your original coil pairs (bumpy on one side smooth on the other side) polarity of the coils is really only relavent, only when we want to position the coils, in such a way, as to gain from the benefit of the inter-relationship of more than one coil by it’s self for example stacking or side by side figure 8 or 2 coils placed on both of 2 sides of the foot for example, where unless polarity of the coil is known, understood and utilized, then we can’t gain from the dual coil effect and if done wrong, the wrong configuration would undermine or even negate or even totally nutralise our efforts.

My understanding is that based on the laws of physics (when any coil is driven by ices technology) it must by design, have a polarity.

The relavent difference, of course would be, if someone wanted to stack the 2x2 coils or put one 2x2 coil on one side of the foot and another 2x2 coil on the other side of the foot, I can’t understand how it can be done to an advantage unless the polarity is known, just like on the standard 2 coil pairs, bumby vs smooth sides.

Please explain.

Thanks

It is all taken care of by the internal electronic polarity and timing.

Just use as instructed (in many places, all over this forum) and the coils will be aligned correctly.