Flux Health Forum

240 Volts?

Want to take my C5 and A9s to Europe. Will they work/charge off 240 volts?

The C5 uses 5.0 Volts DC USB standard worldwide. There is no recharging involved; just use a Euro-compatible (240 V lines) USB charging port.

The A9 battery charger should be plugged in to a Euro-compatible (240 V lines) socket converter for US 115 VAC, just as you would any other appliance from the USA when using in Europe.

1 Like

Hey…you’re an electrical engineer too, correct? How reliable are voltage converters?

depends… how reliable is a car?
… depends…

1 Like

Got it. Was spooked reading all these travel blogs where people say their converters burnt out or ruined their 110V appliances.

Yes, it’s just like a car. Some are very reliable, some are not. Price is a reasonably accurate proxy for reliability for simple consumer goods. A good travel converter (not the cheapest one available) can be very reliable (mine is about 30 years old and still works well).

Most modern electronics (with a switching power supply, not an old fashioned linear transformer) is designed to handle 110/220 VAC anyway, so most of the time all you really need is a plug converter, to make the USA contacts fit the foreign contacts, and your device itself manages the different AC voltages. This has been the case now for about a decade, but you should check the chargers anyway, they will say that right on the charger housing. Something like:
“INPUT: 110/230 VAC”

3 Likes

Thanks!! You just gave me a waaay better, more concise answer than I found on half a dozen travel websites. I guess that’s why you can make a fine device like the C5 when other PEMF manufacturers either don’t have a clue or are intentionally grifting us!

1 Like

Hi bob
What brand is the travel converter that you use

it was just some unusual brand, now with a missing label that probably fell off before the turn of the century.

I suggest: look for a modern one, not the cheapest, but still IMO it is better to use a modern switching converter that accepts “INPUT: 110/230 VAC” plus a wall outlet physical plug geometry adapter(example: middle east to US)

1 Like

Hi Bob,

I have your A9, and am now dealing with my right capsule blowing up over the weekend. I have a question related to this post. I bought a wall adapter that was supposed to feed the same current as a 9v battery to the A9 via one of those 9v battery hats with the male/female ports. the combination did not power the A9 and I gave up on the idea and It’s getting so expensive. Do you know of a product that you could link me that could serve that purpose? I know next to nothing about voltage/amperage AC/DC ohms etc. hence my results. Any ideas?

I am not sure what product/device you are referring to: “to the A9 via one of those 9v battery hats with the male/female ports” I’m not sure what this is.

But overall, the best, simplest, most reliable, least expensive way to power an A9 is simply by using rechargeable 9V batteries. This is how they are designed to work. Just get two batteries + 1 charger. Keep one battery in the charger while using the other battery in the A9. Swap them every 3 to 4 hours.

Swapping them might seem inconvenient, but not compared to the trouble and expense of wrestling with these work-arounds.

If it needs to run all night, try reducing the power setting. On the A9, usually a setting of “M” or “L” will run for more than 8 hours.