Flux Health Forum

13 year old sprained knee

Good morning everyone. I’m new on here. I ordered my M1 yesterday and see that it shipped today. My son is a national level travel baseball player who’s 13 years old. He recently suffered a sprain on the INSIDE of his left knee and deep bone bruise. We had feared it might be a torn MCL but luckily it was not. As I wait for my unit to arrive I’m wondering what all of you including @Bob might recommend as far as:

1-Coil placement? Would you recommend one on the inside of the knee (where the sprain is) and one on the outside of the knee so they are facing each other? Or would doubling the coil on the inside of his knee where his injury is work better?

2-What setting or program would you recommend?

3-What intensity level?

I thank you all and look forward to using the device. I will be posting a separate question in the joints and arthritis forum more related to his elbow and shoulder health post pitching.

1- You should try both coil placements because different people and different injuries respond differently.

2- and 3- Start with default settings: Omni-8 at intensity = 9

I have long thought ICES PEMF is relevant to all people but in particular athletes and parents of athletes should have one at the ready at all times. We carry one with us for this purpose and it has proved incredibly effective.

Is it necessary to wrap the coils in self adhesive as I see in the YouTube tutorials or can they be placed directly on the skin and held in place by an ace bandage? Is there a benefit to doing it one way versus the other?

Whatever suits you best. The wrapping with the special tape is mostly done to “stack” the coils" together or keep them in a fixed position in regard to each other. In case you sweat a lot or do not like the material - wrap them with a mesh-tape anyway. In the tutorial videos are recommendations concerning US brands. I use “Hartmann Peha Haft” - but that is for Germany or parts of the EU only. The magnetic field will penetrate all non-metal textile materials.

Best,
Hans

1 Like

As @hcf said, the self adhesive bandage is recommended optionally to keep coils in place relative to each other. Coils definitely move around/ slip against skin in my experience and the self adhesive bandages helps prevent this.

If using side by side or stacked it also helps prevent accidentally having the coils such that they are in part cancelling each other out (honestly, this happens by accident rather easily). The rule of thumb is bumpy side out, flat side to skin. Or with stacked coils, put bumpy to bumpy and again, use flat side on skin.

Wouldn’t the ace bandage or the bandage included with the m1 hold it in place so that it didn’t move around?

Thanks for everyone’s help answering these questions.

For our kids, we need the self-adhesive for coil positions and to keep in place on the joint with the ace bandage even while they are moving around. Otherwise, they contend with two coils moving, slipping around/away form the ace bandage and may accidentally put them back at the wrong orientation .