Flux Health Forum

Use of ICES for lower back DDD, spinal stenosis, & extruding discs causing nerve impingement

Very interesting with respect to holding the adjustments. I haven’t thought of that. I am struggling with not holding chiropractic adjustment. I have been getting adjustments to manage the sharp pain, especially in my neck and hip. I think I picked up some lumbar injuries more recently. I do need to use it before and after my adjustments now.

Yesterday I was in a lot of pain in my lower C spine. I usually use the ICES with the velcro strap but because I bought some tape at the advice of others on this forum to bind the coils to my shoulder, I decided to put the coils on my lower neck using the new tape. It made a major difference right away. I don’t know if it’s because I finally put the ICES coils at the right place or because the tape gave it some stability/pain-reducing effect.

In terms of pain, what I’ve found to help include:

• Full-spectrum CBD is a lot more potent than pure CBD isolate, mg for mg
  • Reasonable doses of vitamin D (4000 - 5000 IU) sublingual drops or about an hour of sun exposure (I don’t burn easily) takes away the pain for about a day for me. But I think this also means I was extremely deficient.
  • Complete Biotic tributyrin
  • Infrared sauna
  • Physiotherapy exercises and also some exercises to fix my scoliosis
  • Increasing doses of magnesium, esp malate and threonate before bed
  • Megasporebiotic
  • TENS, which I only use for severe and acute pain
  • Inversion/traction

I suspect that my chronic pain may have some autoimmunity traits to them because things that reduce autoimmunity significantly help. It might not apply to everyone. I haven’t experienced a lot of benefits with LLLT in terms of pain but I still use it sometimes.

2 Likes

I am excited to hear this. I have only been using the C-5 for about three weeks and I’m astounded by the results I’m getting. I have degenerative disc disease / osteoarthritis which has caused chronic low back pain for 20 years. I’ve tried every kind of body therapy, all of which helped with short-term pain management, but with no significant resolution. I also went down the rabbit hole with functional nutrition and herbal supplements, and I found a few things that lowered the inflammation and gave some relief. Still, that did not entirely resolve it. Next, I went to a chiropractor for lumbar traction, class 4 cold laser, and PEMF on the Pulse XL Pro. This combination gave me new pain relief that I had never achieved before. Still, some of the pain lingered.

My experience with the Pulse XL Pro got me curious about wanting to own a PEMF device to continue treatments at home. I was initially taken in by the idea that I needed an expensive, high intensity device, but your educational information set me straight. I don’t know anything about this topic, but I decided to believe you and take a chance. I jumped in and bought the C5 right away and it is the best investment for my pain that I have ever made. I don’t even know how to adjust the settings yet (I will learn as I go). I just run it on the Omni 8, and I have been wearing it every day 4 to 6 hours a day. I use stacked coils positioned on either side of the vulnerable discs. I don’t even know if I need to stack them for this particular issue, but in only 3 weeks of doing this, 20 years of chronic pain is almost entirely gone. I have never felt this level of relief with anything.

I also purchased a Saunders at-home lumbar-traction device because the chiropractor told me that I can gain back some height between discs and correct the herniations. I searched around and found that there was at least some research confirming this. So far, traction seems to be helping, and overall I am just so thrilled with the C5 results. Thank you for what you do. I have a lot of gratitude to finally be pain free after so many years suffering

4 Likes

@Angel108 That is incredibly awesome to hear. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, usage, and results on this very high quality forum. I too have been amazed at @Bob invention and educational efforts. May I ask how did you learn about the ICES PEMF C5? A friend, youtube search, google, etc? Also how long did it take for you to go from the day you learned about ICES PEMF to purchasing the device?

@Angel108, I am very happy to hear that ICES-PEMF technology has helped you finally break free from your chronic pain. Thanks for letting all of us on the forum know.

Just FYI, I also use inversion/traction (Teeter) from time to time to help unload and re-lengthen my spine. I found it very helpful. Initially, years ago, I used it almost daily. For the past several years I only use it once every 6 months or so, so I think I have had some healing/disc recovery. Spinal healing is a slow process for sure, but it is way better than slow degeneration.

1 Like

I found the ICES PEMF through google search when I was browsing different PEMF devices. Somewhere along the way, I landed on this forum and read through some of the posts for information. Also came across the YouTube information, which was extremely helpful in convincing me. It only took a few weeks for me to pull the trigger and make the purchase, but I did spend time watching some of the videos and reading posts here. Also, my husband helped tip the scales in decision-making because he was extremely skeptical about the $10,000-$30,000 devices and had many objections and criticisms about whether or not those are priced correctly for what they are. When he saw saw the YouTube videos about ICES, he liked what he heard in that regard. He is using the C5 also for cancer treatment recovery and noticing small, but gradual improvements. Thank you for asking.

2 Likes

Greetings,

I’m new to the forum and am seeking some assistance please. My mom, 80, a number of years ago had spinal surgery, during which she had screws and plates installed to support her lower back I believe T3/4 - S1.

For well over a year now she is awakened during the night with what I’d describe as “violent cramping” of her foot, thigh and hip. As you can imagine this leaves her quite unrested and now very, very frustrated. No, alternative modalities she’s tried have brought any relief (HBOT, chiropractic, massage, cranio-sacral therapy.) She was just to an accupuncturist who told her, she should go back and see her surgeon, that he’d have at best a 5-10% effectiveness if there were any.

I’ve come across Dr. Dennis’ PEMF tools, coupled with his own experience and wondering if anyone has any knowledge of someone with severe nerve impingement having any relief using this modality (model of use, time, placement of coil(s), etc…)?

Thank you very kindly. I’m nearly at my wit’s end thinking of ways to help her get a decent night’s sleep on a more consistent basis.

Thank you for any and all suggestions, direction and insight.

AND, YES, I understand this may not work, is a personal experiment journey to be taken on as such and there are no guarantees here either.

While my experience with this is entirely anecdotal, and based on the reports of others to me, I would say that the use of ICES-PEMF can be very helpful with nerve impingement issues if the coils are applied to the location where the impingement is. For some people this is difficult to find exactly, but in your mothers case I thing you have a good place to start. So, my opinion is that it will probably be very helpful.

1 Like

My apologies for the long delay. Life…Thank you very much for answering my question so quickly. I’m still working on my mom, she’s a bit reluctant at this point.

Please advise, I like to experiment and tinker. I like the idea of the M1’s variability. In the description, the M1 is noted as only being able to utilize 1-pair of coils, where the A9 is capable it seems of splitting this so that two double coils or the 2x2 arrray can be used.

Is the M1’s output (not sure this is the issue), capable of the same arrangement, a splitter with 2-sets of doubles or the 2x2 array?

I’ve primarily orthopaedic concerns at this point, though, as I stated, I like the idea of the variability of the M1 and budget is a concern at this point.

Thank you very kindly again…

The output capacity of the M1 is limited by the battery. The M1 camcorder battery was selected for this design for ultra-portability, not ultra-power.

You could use a splitter from the M1 (I do not advise doing this but it is possible) by powering the M1 from an external battery power module or a USB charger port (via a USB-mini-B cable)

Then the source impedance of the power supply would provide sufficient sustained current to support more power at the output of the M1.

1 Like

Thank you again, man you’re fast. I discovered you by listening to a podcast done by, I think it was Ben Greenfield. I was struck by your candor and integrity for the work you do.

So, what I’m hearing you say is for general orthopaedic experimentation, the use of the A9’s ability to penetrate more deeply by stacking to double coils or covering a larger area by using the 2x2 array is really the more optimal choice for such situations. And, when funds become available, obtaining the flexibility of the M1 then becomes an option.

I have an external power source to use.

Are you also saying that some damage could be sustained in the M1 by splitting the coils while using an external battery pack or direct powered via usb wall wart. I’m not inclined to cause my equipment “injury” through misuse. It’s a foolish path to take, if I’m hearing you correctly. I’m quite festidious with my equipment overall. They’re investments.

The A9 is more simple and rugged than the M1. Many aspects of the M1 design are optimized for ultra-portability, so overall it is lighter-duty. Therefore the M1 will be more likely to be over-stressed by over-loading it. This will probably not cause catastrophic immediate failure, but more likely degrade performance of the M1 over time.

Hi Lake,

Are you certain that the cramps are a result of her back problem. The reason I ask is that a major cause of leg/foot/thigh night cramping is a magnesium deficiency especially in older folks. I have had the same type of cramping problems and found that when I forget to take my magnesium supplements (Magnesium glycinate and Magnesium L-Threonate ) the cramping returns. On those nights I take Hylands Leg Cramps homeopathic remedy. Three tabs dissolved under the tongue works for me and it works rather quickly (within a few minutes). When using magnesium supplements be aware that taking to much can cause diarrhea; I take magnesium glycinate and Magnesium L-Threonate to minimize that problem.