Flux Health Forum

Cell Voltage

Regarding the Phase angle test and the GDV or gas discharge Visualization test, both are done quickly without pain and results are received very quickly.

For GDV, you place each of your hands separately on a machine and to the very skilled and trained reader it produces a picture on a computer screen very quickly. A wealth of valuable information regarding a persons current health. In my case it showed a specific kidney inflammation.

Twenty years ago my kidney score as represented by my GFR Glomerular Filtration Rate or a widely used approximation of how well the kidney’s are functioning was very poor.
My score was maybe 60 points below what a healthy male my age was.
Today with dietary intervention, my GFR is above 110, Roughly 20 points higher than a healthy male my age. Most doctors would believe that to be not possible.

Another astounding result was pointing to the exact spot in my mouth where I had a route canal. There was no way the Doctor could have guessed that as he did not look in my mouth and had no dental records.

There were other very results which I can comment further if you ask.

Being a natural sceptic, I spend over 100 hours researched the science behind the GDV
Before I was satisfied that it had not been a fluke.

The Phase Angle test is discussed in detail by Dr. Bush.
My score was low indicating a chronic disease.
Given that my chemistry blood panels are generally in the 95-99th percentile
It contradicted nearly all my Chemistry blood panel tests. See examples below
Only my Viome micro-gut test, combined with other advanced tests showed that my body was inflamed. Trying to explain that to a regular physician was almost impossible.

Luckily I had chosen The M clinic.

Some examples are:

For HgbA1C (3 month average estimated sugar control of 4.8 greatly decreased from pre-diabetic levels) Very Few patients score less than 5.2.
Cholestrol panel: 99th percentile from high bad Cholestrol and very low good Cholestrol
To very low bad Cholestrol and doubling of good cholestrol. Most impresively my Good cholestrol level was over double my triglycerides level. According to functional medicine that is ideal. Triglycerides are widely seen by many functional doctors as an indication of inflammation.
CPR- measure of general inflammation was at the lowest score detected by the test.

These improvements were done using very scientific and advanced dietary guidelines, which then was against the common wisdom as scientific studies had not yet been released of that diet’s benefits.

As I was paying out of pocket for blood chemistry panels every 3-6 months without a doctor’s prescription, I had properly documented my trials in addition to credible independent and objective lab evidence " that my diet and other treatment was working.

1 Like

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. It just goes to show how far the science of advanced medical technology has come . The average person wouldn’t believe it, and the average doctor wouldn’t touch it.

So what can you share with us about this magical diet?

And Would you say all your health issues have been resolved?

1 Like

Hi, I am guessing that the science is 15-20 years ahead of what traditional Doctors apply.
One’s best bet is to seek a functional medicine Docor who is current or has a team that is current with the latest science.
That cuts down the list greatly.
Also look at how many providers he/she supervises.
One very good functional medical doctor with incredible advertising supervisors over 10 providers( MD’s, PA’s and NP’s), he was booked up for 9 months. Ask yourself, how much time he will spend with you and or on your file? Dr. Bush has only one provider under him and logically will likely spend allot more time than someone who had several people under him.

Also best to try and understand what others with similar problems have done to achieve superior results, which the current medical establishment has not yet accepted and document it and all your attempts.
Learn what they did.

Paying for Labs online might be a great idea.

Regarding diet that is such a complicated topic.
Everyone is different and what works for someonme can always change.
The science is changing almosty as we speak.

I might have general suggestions if I know what you are trying to achieve?

Would be very happy to share what I know.
Ultimately you need to record what you eat, treating food as a medication. Try keep your estimates within 20%.
Use an application like fitness app, where you can enter what you eat
And see the Protein, fat, carbohydrates and other micro-nutrients.
Every extra detail helps, however do not over whelm yourself.
Ease into it.

That creates proper awareness and probably increases your chance of success exponentially.

Typically an anti-inflammation diet is generally what you might want?
You need to discover what is inflammatory for you, knowing that it will likely change as you grow older.

Intermittent fasting is almost always a great idea to aim for long term. Read as much as you can about it and see Dr. Valter Longo of USC.

Secondly the lower the calories the better your chances of a healthier and or longer life.

Thirdly: Try to simplify your diet and food should be affordable and ideallyas easy to acess for you. Cook and prepare you own food.

Fourthly: Define your objective as clearly as you can with proper achievable goals. Keep reviewing these goals.

Fifth: Be patient and happy that you are trying.
Most people who try are not as dedicated as you are, being a bio-hacker.

(Desired results might take many years-like in my case. I could not lose weight, despite eating very healthy and kept adding knew restrictions on when I was not seeing results. Then suddenly new restrictions worked.

Sixth: Allow room for holidays where you can cheat atleast once a week.

Seventh: Get Labs to see if your diet is working. Depending on your problem, will dictate the labs. Paying for these labs and the treatment out of pocket might increase your sense of awareness and dedication.

Eight: Always be open minded and positive no matter what.

Nine: Always try to increase your knowledge about what you are doing as often as possible. Learn as many new things every day as you can.

Ten: When progress is very very slow and you are unhappy or you are going backwards, record this and try something different.

There are more suggestions however this should keep you occupied.

My problems have improved , however I am far from cured. This is a lifelong quest which may never be solved.

Hope this helped. You posts show that you are very dedicated and have done an incredible job with researching. Keep up the great work!!

2 Likes

If I remember right, Dr. Pawluk doesn’t carry Bemer because they don’t service their own products.

He has an explanation on his site of why he doesn’t carry it.

As far as a cool light, you can get really fabulous infrared light on Amazon for $25. Actually, closer to $7 for the smaller size. I used it to get rid of skin problems years ago and the $25 was for a therapy grade bulb, but someone said that the same bulb could be bought for much cheaper. You need a $10 brooder light which can carry the watts of the size bulb you buy. Tractor Supply Store had the best I found for that.

Here is a useful link that both you and maybe Prometheus should find interesting from another bold, brilliant, passionate, compasionate , idealistic and original mind. Dr. Stephanie Seneff of MIT.
Let me know what you both think?

PEMFenthusiast2,

I think the emphasis is that those concepts are theoretical.

It seems like lots of people are teaching that type of thing as if it is truth before anything is proven.

Yes it is theoretical.
To me what is far more important is trying to understand what she is saying as best as I can.

practical take aways might be:

1. trying to get alittle more sunlight and see how it impacts one’s energy levels and mood.
  2. Try slowly including more sulfur rich foods that one likes.

Those are highly practical take aways.

I am lower in Methionine, but high in sulfur-rich vegetables right now.

Looking at sulfur-rich vegetables, what strikes me is how closely the sulfur-rich ones line up with the vegetables, which were tested against various cancer cells. This test was in vitro, but they have tested dripping the blood of people who eat these foods on cancer cells.

Very interesting.

Do you have food allergies?

(Added on edit: Many foods rich in methionine are common allergy triggers)

Yes, I have food allergies.

Just my opinion…She needs to do heavy detox and get on ices immediately. :wink:
Sunlight and fresh air are good start . Best Sulphur is raw vegetables not cooked, imo and I didn’t hear her say that. And a super way to eat vegetables is homemade sauerkraut where you combine every vegetable you like. That way you get your veggies and your probiotics and your condiments …all in one.

1 Like

So do I.

Balancing my own diet has been my biggest and consistent battle, which has yielded some positive results, however it is something that I will probably deal with my whole life.

Certain stratagies might have been more useful than others in my case.

Intermittent fasting (water fast)has really helped me allot.
It is so hard.

If I can manage 12 hours it is a victory.
Very occasionally I manage 24-30 hours.
I do that maybe 5-6 days on a good week.
My goal, is to eventually do one full week every year.

Whether that goal is achieved or not, just trying and doing my best makes me happy.

PEMFenthusiast,

Dr. Longo is a fan of not going extra-long with intermittent fasting. He points to 12 to 14 hours as ideal, I think.

As far as water fasting, I used it ridiculously successfully with my dog when he was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma - after reading about someone else online who used it. Dr. Goldhamer has healed people of cancer just using water fasting.

He does more extensive fasts, but if you struggle to do 12 hours, you might try ProLon and do the Mimicking Fasting instead. You still get a brand new immune system.

I do have internal questions about long-term water fasting and gut microbiome. Not based on studies. Based on the community of “raw vegan drop outs” There is a youtuber Gojiman who evaluated the phenomenon and almost all of them did 25 day water fasts and more extreme vegan like raw. They all seem to mess up their gut microbiome and I am not sure why yet, but I mentally have it in the back of my mind.
I also have a question mark next to longer fasts and metabolism.

I love the concept of Autophagy and I am so happy that my dog is still alive and well a year after an end stage Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. He had a melon-sized tumor in his spleen, plus other visible tumors, plus infections which just plain wouldn’t go away. Water fasting got rid of the lung infections and the cancer never became an issue. Yes, I love water fasting for cancer and Dr. Goldhamer is one who believes that if you do it once per year, you would probably never get cancer, but metabolism and gut microbiome and the animal studies where it caused insulin resistance and increased abdominal fat in Asians who skipped breakfast are still some of my personal blinking yellow lights.

I know that intermittent fasting increases brain plasticity, so I look it up often and I just haven’t gone past what I am personally comfortable.

1 Like

I do a total (water) fast for 14-24 hours, twice a week. I consider this one of the most important things I do. I think the benefits are beyond description. The only problem with water fasting of course is that no one makes money when you decide to do it, so it does not get the press it deserves.

BTW, I was at a lengthy gerontology/aging meeting about 25 years ago, and Longo and many other now very famous gerontology/longevity scientists were there, including many people who spear-headed the telomere and fasting work that has become popular much more recently. But the benefits of fasting for health and longevity were very clear even way back then. It is strange to me how many decades were required to get out such a simple message: Don’t eat all the time.

Yes, water fasting is powerful. I do know that it is.

Just choosing three of the benefits of a new immune system and new mitochondria and having an increase in brain plasticity already are such serious benefits.

I just do know that something happens that some people are getting in trouble with it at the gut microbiome level and I just have my eye out.

I had been waiting for Dr. Greger’s take on it and he is more, skip dinner, instead of skip breakfast. Turning the skip breakfast type around. I have only heard the first of his logic, but I have listened many times to Longo and Goldhamer and other people.

I have no problem with 14 hours. Over that is where I get nervous. Though, when it comes to getting a new immune system that takes a few days of either Mimicking or Water fasting. I just haven’t settled my mind on what I will do yet.

But, for my brain plasticity, some of it for sure.

I was interested in the study done by Dr. Ornish and Blackburn that changing diet and exercise can lengthen telomere’s in 3 months and can change which genes are switched on and off. That is good news to me. I am better at the eating Plant Food than I am at the water fasting right now. My dog didn’t like water fasting either, but he doesn’t have hands.

@Bob i didn’t want to create another thread and this seemed closest to the content in question: cellular circulation… have you (or anyone here) soon l ever tested blood after pemf? this one from research gate is a nice anecdote, l that confirms the claim of circulation after pemf use: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Live-blood-cells-after-8-minutes-of-exposure-to-PEMF-mat-MRS-2000-after-working-around_fig2_288748649

is this (in very lay terms) similar to how static makes your hair stand and separate from each other?

it looks like it’s safe to say pemf promotes cellular circulation at the very least, right? this would be useful for diabetics who have circulation problems to name one such practical use.

Well, I have conflicting opinions on this issue:

It has been known for a very long time that red blood cells (RBCs) can clump and stack, often taken as a non-specific indication of disease:

It seems to occur because of an increase in blood plasma concentration, which is correlated to disease states (infection and inflammation, for example).

But the exact causes are not entirely clear, and it may (or may not) be directly related to electrostatic effects on the RBCs.

My opinion, FWIW: the citation you have given is probably more of an advertisement for a specific and expensive PEMF product based on cherry picked images. I have done a fair amount of blood research as a consultant for private industry, and I can tell you, blood spontaneously does all sorts of things all the time. If you wait long enough, blood will do something such as clumping, then if you want long enough, it will do something else. This is a matter of what you want to see.

For this to have any scientific value, it would have to be done repeatedly to an established time course protocol, with some randomization. And then it would need to be replicated by an independent laboratory.

My opinion: if this was a real effect on blood rheology, you would have seen many papers on this effect by now. Medical researchers are starving for reliable biological effects they can study. But the fact that this is an unreplicated “one-off” of a very serious effect in blood, which has been in circulation for a long time and has very serious clinical consequences, suggests to me that the effect is just cherry picking of images, not a reliable, repeatable effect.

I would guess that what you are not seeing is the many times that other people tried to replicate this effect, did not observe it, and subsequently were not willing or able to publish it (publication bias).

But the effect might actually be real. I have just not seen any really scientifically compelling evidence yet.

1 Like

more quackery? this guy goes to explain how pemf charges the cells like batteries starting at about 6:40

but this guy says a lot of stuff about suggesting “the facts” of pemf and how it works… :thinking:

the comment about recharging the cell is curious… perhaps they don’t mean recharging in the same way that works for a battery in terms of an energy fuel source… otherwise, we could pemf all day without needing to eat. perhaps the “recharge” means it provides some small amount of charge enough that the cell could produce itself from how it converts energy organically… :upside_down_face:

this stuff can easily be pseudoscience talk if you generalize enough about how things seem to work haha

My opinion: any scientific or medical descriptions like this are vague references to indirect effects leading to interesting observations, especially when the primary effect or mechanism is unknown to the speaker. There may be some truth buried in it. But whenever I speak directly with people who talk this way, it becomes clear that they do not even have a crude understanding of the scientific terms they are using, such as “voltage”, “frequency”, “energy”, and so forth.

To me, it is sort of like listening to very young children discussing the physics of a pendulum, or something like that. It is cute and harmless, and it is a good thing if it engenders a real interest in science. But when people start using this kind of speech to manipulate others into paying money and investing hope in fraudulent “cures”, that is just plain charlatanism.

I am not sure where this guy is on the spectrum. Each intelligent adult needs to decide whether to:
1- Ignore this sort of noise since it is so common
2- Realize the weakness of these statements by investing in a good education
3- Think critically and challenge his statements, seek reliable alternate sources
4- Blindly believe whatever he says and take comfort from it.

Note: just because these kinds of things echo all around the Internet, does not mean that they are some sort of consensus opinion. Almost all well-informed scientists would simply choose Option #1 above by default, so they are not even taking part in the conversation. This is how these yarns become another example of “the blind leading the blind”, with people spiraling off in all kinds of random directions, invoking all kinds of cool-sounding scientific terms. Once again though, if these speculations are limited to a harmless sense of wonder about the universe, then that is OK. Adults do not need to step in and start ramming differential equations down people’s throats. So, my inclination is to leave it at that, so long as people are not being manipulated and abused.

Of course, as always, I could be entirely wrong, and this guy may have some critical insight into the universe that I do not yet grasp. Keep that in mind.

2 Likes